Ref number (ADA 06/2021)
|Job Title||Risk and Compliance Manager|
|Location||5 Cascades Crescent, Pietermaritzburg|
|Fixed term contract||6 months (Fixed Term Contract)|
Matric certificate plus an appropriate Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma in Auditing/Accounting/Risk Management. Minimum of 4 (four) years operational experience in an Auditing/ Risk Management environment. Training programmes and/or experience in Risk Management. Membership with Institute of Risk Management or Institute of Internal Auditor will be an added advantage. Thorough knowledge of MS Office suite. Knowledge of relevant legal prescripts A valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skill & Competences
Knowledge of PFMA, King IV Report and Local Government legislations.
Knowledge and understanding of the role of internal and external audit.
Knowledge of risk management processes and techniques
Ability to work in a team environment
Computer literacy skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide strategic direction and manage the Risk management function of the organisation.
- Develop, maintain and execute a comprehensive process for identifying, accessing, mitigating, monitoring and reporting on risks that may impact on organisational performance.
- Develop and monitor the strategic, operational and fraud risk registers.
- Conduct organisational risk management workshops and meetings compilation of risk registers on an annual basis.
- Develop and update the Enterprise Risk Management Charter.
- Develop and Internal risk management strategy and approach and further ensure delivery on that strategy.
- Develop regularly review internal risk management strategy and Enterprise Risk Management Charter.
- Develop enterprise risk management related policies and procedures including fraud prevention strategy, the detection and reporting.
- Facilitate the process of fraud awareness, fraud risk identification level.
- Ensure that the approved risk registers are effectively monitored and implemented.
- Ensure that the risk management unit is adequately resourced.
- Strengthen collaboration with other internal and external risk mitigating providers.
- Compile and present risk management report to the Accounting officer and Audit and Risk Committee.
- Report periodically to the CEO and the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Serve as the support function for the enterprise risk and fraud Committee.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation and regulations.
- Identifying and evaluating ADA’s risk areas and developing the annual risk plan.
- Performing risk procedures including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria for reviewing and analysing evidence and documenting processes and procedures.
- Reviewing documents, developing and administering surveys, developing summaries and compiling work papers.
- Identifying, developing and documenting risk issues and recommendations suing independent judgment concerning the issues of risk.
- Communicating the results of the risk and consulting projects via written reports or oral presentations to management.
- Compliance and promoting legal compliance with all legal prescripts.
- Performing investigations at the request of the Board and Audit Committee.
- Manage day to day relationships with various stakeholders including provincial Treasury.
Suitable candidates will be selected with the intention of promoting representativity.
- All applicants are subject to the signing of performance agreement;
- ADA reserves the right not to appoint any applicant to the above position.
- Applications must be submitted in the following manner:
- A covering letter indicating the reference number and the post that you are applying for, together with a brief motivation
- A Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (Previous experience must be comprehensively detailed and certified copies of qualifications), original certified copies to be submitted at the interview phase.
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application being disqualified.
- Full names addresses and telephone numbers of three work related referees.
- If you are applying for more than one post, please submit a separate application for each post.
Enquiries: Ms N Ngubane (033) 347 8600 Closing date: 07 May 2021
Forward your applications, stating the relevant reference number and the name of the publication in which you saw the advertisement, for attention of Ms. B Kunene, Agribusiness Development Agency via the ADA website (www.ada-kzn.co.za)
Should you not hear from us 8 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.