Enterprise and Value Chain Development
Purpose: Create through institutional reforms, investments and incentives, an environment which is favorable for farmers and agribusiness entrepreneurs to unlock business opportunities upstream and downstream the value chain and to access markets.
Rationale: The core objective of the program is to improve value chain competitiveness for previously disadvantaged entrepreneurs in key high potential subsectors of agribusiness. Existing value chains are about traceability, consumer demand, standards, established brands and brand awareness, bulk, uniformity and surety of supply.
Key focus area: • Enterprise Development
• Industry Research and Transfer of Technology
• Infrastructure Investment
• Partnership and Leverage Funding
• Investment Packaging and Facilitation
• Investment facilitation and acquisition of shareholding