Ref number: ADA/HRM 08/2021
5 Cascades Crescent , Pietermaritzburg
Fixed Term Contract – 06 Months
- The role requires the incumbent to hold a completed BSc or B Degree qualification in Agriculture (majoring in Agribusiness Management/Agricultural Economics) from a recognized institution of higher education.
- Three (3) years practical agribusiness development experience in the private or public (ideally within a State Owned Entity/parastatal environment) sector.
- Demonstrated experience in working with land reform and agriculture based projects and knowledge of applicable statutes (particularly PFMA).
- Must hold a valid driver’s license: minimum Code EB / C1.
- Candidate must be in possession of computer literacy skills (MS Office & Outlook).
Key Performance Areas:
- Evaluating agribusiness project proposals. Development of commodity approach/model and partnerships that will result in timeous and effective provision of agribusiness support.
- Drafting and review of business plans and budgets for cluster projects that will be used to leverage technical and financial resources from government and the private sector.
- Assist in drafting Terms of Reference and specifications for agribusiness technical services and inputs that are required on farms/business enterprises in the value chain.
- Management and monitoring of service providers for agribusiness and infrastructure development. Monitoring and implementation of project agreements with partners and applicants/beneficiaries.
- Assist with the facilitation of partnerships/ memoranda of understanding /stakeholder engagement and support services at a project level.
- Executing management approved business plans for assigned projects which must include the following:
- Managing social facilitation support aimed at capacitating the beneficiaries on the commodity enterprise.
- Project management of prioritized projects for a financial year resulting timeous delivery of inputs and agricultural support services for a sustainable project implementation.
- Co-ordinate and manage projects as well as managing a field team implementing personnel for a project in a designated geographical area. Liaison with officials of organizations and government departments.
- Manage day to day relationships with various stakeholders and clients.
- Co-ordinate, deliver, and report against milestones and activities as well as coordinating monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Facilitate, promote and support sustainable agricultural projects. Engage and assist local community groups to participate in agribusiness development.
- Provide expert advice and support for project management as and when required.
- Keep documentary evidence in line with each project and liaise with project admin staff.
- Planning and Organizing
- Results Driven
- Project Management
- Stakeholder Relations Management
- Analytical Thinking
Suitable candidates will be selected with the intention of promoting representativity.
- All applicants are subject to the signing of performance agreement;
- ADA reserves the right not to appoint any applicant to the above position.
- Applications must be submitted in the following manner :
- A covering letter indicating the reference number and the post that you are applying for, together with a brief motivation
- NB A Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (Previous experience must be comprehensively detailed and certified copies of all qualifications e.g. Matric,Diploma /Degree/Master/PHD/Drivers license and ID must be attached when applying for any vacancies)
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application being disqualified.
- Full names, addresses and telephone numbers of three work related referees.
- If you are applying for more than one post, please submit a separate application for each post.
NB: Failure to comply with the above instructions will disqualify applicants.
Enquiries: Ms. Z Mazibuko (033) 3478600 Closing date: 15 June 2021 @16H00
Forward your applications, stating the relevant reference number and the name of the publication in which you saw the advertisement, for attention of Mr. S Shabalala Agribusiness Development Agency via the ADA website (www.ada-kzn.co.za)
Hand delivered on the following address
5 Cascade Crescent,Cascade Office Park Pietermaritzburg Should you not hear from us 8 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.